[ PDF CfP ]
- The conference is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries
- Proceedings will be submitted for indexing by Google Scholar, ISI, EI Compendex, Scopus and many more
- Extended versions of selected best papers will be invited for journal submission (fast review track) to "ICST Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications" and "ICST Transactions on Ubiquitous Environments".
- Mobilware 2012 will be held in conjunction with the 3rd FOKUS FUSECO Forum on Future Seamless Communication, Berlin, Germany, November 15 & 16, 2012, www.fuseco-forum.org/2012
The advances in wireless communication technologies and the proliferation of mobile devices have enabled the realization of intelligent environments for people and machines to communicate with each other, interact with information-processing devices, and receive a wide range of mobile wireless services through various types of networks and systems everywhere, anytime. A key enabler of these pervasive and ubiquitous connectivity environments is the advancement of software technology in various communication sectors, ranging from communication middleware and operating systems to networking protocols and applications.
The conference solicits original technical papers, not previously published and not currently under review for publication elsewhere. Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- New middleware concepts for mobile devices
- Mobile middleware enabling M2M communication
- People-centric collaborative sensing
- Scalable processing and data analytics over mobile sensors-generated datastreams
- Smart space/city middleware and applications
- Middleware for mobile cloud computing
- Novel applications and communication protocols for wireless sensor networks, vehicular networks, and home networks
- End-to-end architectures for seamless ubiquitous service provisioning and deployment
- Integration of heterogeneous wired and wireless networks
- QoS awareness, adaptation, and fault-tolerance of mobile services
- Opportunistic and delay-tolerant mobile and wireless networking
- Location-aware and context-aware networking and computing
- Energy-efficient applications, services and middleware
- Mobility and handoff management
- Location and tracking support and services
- Human-computer interface and portable 3D graphics for mobile devices
- Modeling, simulation, and performance evaluation of mobile wireless systems and services
- Trustworthiness, security, and privacy of mobile and wireless systems
- Thin client technologies, Mobile Web APIs, BONDI, WAC, Html5
- Impact of IMS, RCS, RCS-e, EPC and LTE on the evolution of mobile middleware
Accepted papers will be published in Springer's LNICST series and will appear in the SpringerLink, one of the largest digital libraries online that covers a variety of scientific disciplines, as well as in the ICST's own EU Digital Library (EUDL). LNICST volumes are submitted for inclusion to leading indexing services, including DBLP, Google Scholar, ACM Digital Library, ISI Proceedings, EI Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus.
Best paper award
The program committee will designate one paper accepted to the conference as MOBILWARE 2012 Best Paper. The winner will be declared during the conference.
Journal Special Issues
Extended versions of selected best papers will be invited for journal submission (fast review track) to "ICST Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications" and "ICST Transactions on Ubiquitous Environments".
Proposals for Tutorials are solicited. Potential Tutorial organizers are requested to submit a three-page proposal in PDF format, including a biographical sketch of each proponent and a short bibliographical reference list, to the Tutorial Chair by June 8, 2012. The tutorials can be full or half-day long. Proposal evaluation will be based on proponents' expertise and tutorial relevance to the conference.