The Third International ICST Conference on MOBILe Wireless
MiddleWARE, Operating Systems, and Applications
June 30-July 2, 2010 - Chicago, USA
The 2010 edition of MOBILWARE will be the first time to move out of Europe. We plan to further diversify the representation of key organizers and expand the community of industrial and academic researchers fruitfully exchanging novel ideas and operational experiences in the field. MOBILWARE is dedicated to addressing emerging topics and challenges in various mobile wireless software-related areas. The scope of the conference is the design, implementation, deployment, and evaluation of middleware, operating systems, and applications for computing and communications in mobile wireless systems. It aims to provide a high profile, leading edge forum for researchers, engineers, and standards developers to present their latest research activities, techniques, and experiences in the area of software technology for mobile wireless systems.
Best Paper: Xinwen Zhang, Sangoh Jeong, Anugeetha Kunjithapatham, Simon Gibbs, "Towards an Elastic Application Model for Augmenting Computing Capabilities of Mobile Platforms"
Papers invited to the ACM MONET Special Issue:
- Xinwen Zhang, Sangoh Jeong, Anugeetha Kunjithapatham, Simon Gibbs, "Towards an Elastic Application Model for Augmenting Computing Capabilities of Mobile Platforms"
- Marius Corici, Jens Fiedler, Thomas Magedanz, Dragos Vingarzan, "Access Network Discovery and Selection in the Next Generation Mobile Networks (NGMN) Environment"
- Fred Cheng, "A Novel Rubbing Encryption Algorithm and the Implementation of a Mobile One-time Password Token"
- Chris Thompson, Jules White, Brian Dougherty, Adam Albright, Douglas C.Schmidt, "Using Smartphones andWireless Mobile Sensor Networks to Detect Car Accidents and Provide Situational Awareness to Emergency Responders"
Papers invited to the Springer JNSM Special Issue:
- Felix Dobslaw, Aron Larsson, Theo Kanter, Jamie Walters, "An Object-Oriented Model in Support of Context-Aware Mobile Applications"
- Gabriella Castelli, Marco Mamei, Franco Zambonelli, "A Self-Organizing Approach for Building and Maintaining Knowledge Networks"
- The Presentations page is now available
- The Technical Program page is now available
- The Keynote Speakers page is now available
- Important: We do not have a room block with the Hyatt Regency, so it is essential to be proactive in booking your accommodations. Additional information in the Venue/Accomodation page
- Paper submission deadline for IWMMN and MAPPS workshops is extended till April 30, 2010
- The conference proceedings of MOBILWARE 2010 will be considered for indexing by Engineering Information (EI)
- The online Registration page is now open (Early Registration Deadline: May 31, 2010)
- The IWMMN CfP is now available
- The MAPPS CfP is now available
- Paper submission deadline for Mobilware 2010 is extended till February 15, 2010 (firm deadline)
- Papers of Mobilware 2009 Workshops have been published by Springer